Saturday, December 31, 2011

Music

So...

I was singing in the shower just a moment ago and I thought, hey why not share my favorite music with my followers! I'd like to know about your favorite music too because I'm always open to new styles and different sounds. I really like guitar and violin, and the mix of the two in a good rock song is always awesome. Here are some of songs I like best. Now bear with me, I like a lot of very different styles of music, some of it might seem cheesy but I don't care. I will try to follow each video with a comment.

From Breaking Benjamin: I Will Not Bow


Now this is the band I like the most. They have one of the best drummers ever, who has a jazz background and is not at all limited in his approach, and is not afraid to add subtleties to his drumming. They haven't disappointed me whatsoever so far.

From 30 Seconds to Mars: This is War


Now this is one of the bands I started following long before they got very popular, in the times of Capricorn and Fallen. If you like this band check out their older stuff, it's a bit different and less mainstream, but I think you'll like it.

From Chevelle: The Clincher


I like this band's approach to music. The singer/songwriter makes a point of not deliberately making rhymes in his lyrics, avoiding the simple path and doing something different and it works! Their music is awesome, if somewhat misunderstood by some.

From Three Days Grace: Just Like You


This is one of the bands I started following very early as well, and I must admit their last album disappointed me so I posted here one of their older, less mainstream songs, before they got corrupt by the devil in the guise of big paychecks.

From Fuel: Hemorrhage


I could listen to this song on repeat all day long. The singer's voice is very unique.

From Flyleaf: Again


I discovered this band not so long ago through the soundtrack of one of the Resident Evil movies on which they had their song "I'm So Sick" remixed. Self-proclaimed Christian band, which I don't mind because they're not using their music as a funnel for Christian bullshit, so it's all right with me.

From Skillet: Awake and Alive


Another self-proclaimed Christian band that does a very good job of making music without being annoying about their beliefs.

From A Perfect Circle: The Outsider


A classic for me, very strong song. I chose a live version for this one because I hate the offical video, and the live version is just as good if not better.

From Crossfade: So Cold


Now this band is one of the few that I like because of their sound and not so much because of the lyrics. I'm a guitar player and this is the kind of stuff I like to play when I just want to make noise and have fun. Also note, the girl in this video is FUCKING hot.

From Alexisonfire: This Could Be Anywhere In The World


This is one of the very few "screamo" bands that I like, mainly because they are actually doing real music, not some badly slapped together emo stuff that sounds like a rat caught in heavy machinery.

From Bush: Machinehead


One of the old goodies that remind me of my younger times. This and Glycerine are classics for me.

From Foo Fighters: My Hero


Who doesn't love them? For those of you who didn't know, they got their name from the lights in the sky that the American pilots were seeing beside their planes on missions sometimes in WWII, which they thought were prototype German airplanes. The word "foo" actually comes from the French word "feu" which means fire, so they essentially called those lights Fire Fighters.

From Rise Against: Prayer of the Refugee


One of the most "punkish" band that I listen to, they kinda have this rock sound that reminds me a bit of older punk music like Bad Religion and Pennywise.

From Tool: Schism


Another classic that I could listen to all day long. The uniqueness of their sound is what does it for me.

Long list I know, but hey I like a lot of different styles, I actually had to settle for one song per band but some of those bands like Breaking Benjamin for instance, I love almost all of their songs except maybe their few softer songs like Rain. So there it is, fell free to comment on my choices, submit your own choices and I hope you all appreciate!

20 comments:

  1. +1 for TDG, 30STM and Flyleaf!

    I'm still listening to Kanye West's album My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy from late 2010 it's not really the same type of music you listed but I think it's just amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is a pretty good list man, you should listen to some oldschool 90s hiphop

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Cpt. Mangosteen

    The only hip-hop/rap music I ever liked was the stuff that was playing when I was in high school, before it all became "gangsta" and full of egocentric shit. Mc. Rob Base and D.J. EZ Rock, Maestro Fresh Wes, Look it up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. All really great music. Good selection for sure. +follow

    ReplyDelete
  5. i recommend you listen to old school hip hop ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Some of these songs brought on some big nostalgia, nice post! Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  7. Not too keen on any of these except Rise Against, however I like the way you write a lot of info and for that reason will be following :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Even thought Foo Fighters are quite old they still rock better then most modern bands. Nice blog by the way and followed.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like most of those selections, but I will try not to spend all day here!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good songs, but could you make next posts a bit shorter? This was a little too long.

    ReplyDelete
  11. listen to some frank zappa music, im sure you will like it

    ReplyDelete
  12. Some excellent choices. Thanks for the share!

    ReplyDelete
  13. havent heard some of those songs in awhile! thanks for bringing them back in the light for me!!

    follow for sure!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. lovely lovely music, following :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love this music! Especially Prayer of a Refugee! Great Song!

    ReplyDelete
  16. alexisonfire is a really great band. i like them :)

    ReplyDelete